Support and Training
The UofL Law IT Department's most important and visible role is providing support to law students, faculty and staff in their use of technology for teaching, learning, research, and communication. We provide support through both help with specific issues and training on broader and more general uses of technology.
UofL Law IT
The UofL Law IT staff are here to assist students, faculty and staff with:
- Offices, classroom, lab, and clinic computers
- Using software applications
- Printers and printing
- Telephones and voice mail
- And more
The UofL Law IT Help Desk offers faculty, staff and students a system to report problems on these topics and more.
The UofL Law IT staff provide limited support for students' own laptop computers, restricted to wireless connectivity and printing. Students are advised to read the law school's policy governing Support for Student-Owned Computers before requesting assistance from the IT staff.
University of Louisville IT
Additionally, the University of Louisville's IT Help Desk supports all members of the law school community in the use of enterprise systems and resources such as password management, ULink and PeopleSoft, and Blackboard. University of Louisville IT also offers warranty and non-warranty maintenance and repair services for personal computers through the iTech Xpress store.
For Faculty and Staff
- Our Outlook/Exchange Problems page documents known problems or issues following employees' migration from Novell GroupWise to Microsoft Outlook/Exchange. Please check this page to see if there is an answer to a question or issue you are having, and if there is not, please submit a Support Ticket Request and choose "Outlook/Exchange" on the list of Help Topics.
- Our Outlook/Exchange Contacts page (coming soon)
- Our Outlook/Exchange How-to's page describes how to create an e-mail signature for your personal e-mail account on PCs, Macs and the Outlook Web App.