How to Request Inter-Library Loan Copies of the Collection Microfilm Reels

The Brandeis papers are held both in the Law Library and University Archives. The Law Library will not circulate the microfilm reels of the papers, although they list the individual descriptions of the reels. University Archives will circulate their copies of the reels.

An individual requesting the material should contact his/her library and submit a request via an OCLC or ALA form. As the materials are microfilm reels, we require that they not be taken from the requesting library. The request can be sent via OCLC to KLG, the OCLC library code for University Archives.

The request must include as much specific information as possible. The collection series numbers are listed on the Law Library home page, with specific reel information listed within each series number. It is advisable that the individual requestor investigate the Law Library home page for specific reel information before requesting any reels.

Also, the following institutions also have their own copies of the microfilm set: Library of Congress, Northwestern University, Saint Louis University, University of Washington (Gallagher Law Library), University of North Carolina, University of Texas (Tarlton Law Library), Brandeis University and the Wisconsin Historical Society.