The Student Bar Foundation raised $6,000 at their 14th Annual Charity Auction on February 10! The money will be used to fund student fellowships or travel stipends for law-related public service work.
Another informal silent auction will be held February 28-March 1 for a few remaining unsold items.
The Student Bar Foundation will begin accepting applications for summer grants in early April. More information to follow.
What is sustainability and why should the law school community care? Come to an organizational meeting for the Law School Sustainability Committee on Thursday, Feb. 10, at 12:15, Room 075. Tell us what you want to do, and help us figure out how we can do it. Questions? Contact Dean Bean at email@example.com.
On Thursday, February 24, the Louisville Bar Association will present a special screening of the film "Uncommon Vision" about the life of John Howard Griffin, author of Black Like Me, which exposed prejudice of the 1960s and impacted the civil rights movement. The filmmaker, Morgan Atkinson, will be on hand to answer questions afterwards.
The celebration continues at 5 pm with a reception and awards ceremony:
- Honoring the winners of Central High School's Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Essay Contest
- Awarding the LBA Diversity Scholarship
- Recognizing Charlene O. Taylor's many years of dedicated service in the Office of Admissions at the Brandeis School of Law
- Presentation of the Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award to Raymond M. Burse of GE Consumer & Industrial Legal
Both program and reception are free and open to the public. For more information, contact Marisa Motley by calling (502) 583-5314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The celebration continues at 5 p.m. with a reception and awards ceremony honoring the winners of Central High School's Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Essay Contest and presentation of the LBA Diversity Scholarship and Justice William E. McAnulty Jr. Trailblazer Award.
Both the program and reception are free and open to the public. Click here for more information or contact Marisa Motley by calling (502) 583-5314 or email email@example.com.
- Mark W. Dobbins, Class of 1978, Judge Richard A. Revell Family Law Practitioner Award
- Linda S. Ewald, Class of 1972, Judge Benjamin F. Shobe Civility & Professionalism Award