Exam4 for the Professional Responsibility final exam will be available to download and install beginning Monday, Oct. 14th. Students wishing to use their computers for the PR final must complete and submit a practice test (choose "F13m Practice exam" during start-up) no later than 11:59 PM EDT, Friday, October 25, 2013.
The current version of Exam4 is for the Legal Research and Professional Responsibility exams ONLY. A second version for end-of-semester finals will be available, tentatively, beginning Nov. 11th.
For complete information, see Exam4 Essentials for Fall 2013.
The IT Department is pleased to announce the opening of a new Help Desk for law students, located outside the first floor lab in the Law Library. The Help Desk will be staffed from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, beginning Friday, September 20, by Lee McWhorter, a work-study student pursuing a master's degree in Computer Science at the Speed School of Engineering.
Mr. McWhorter has nearly 16 years' private sector experience in information technology and telecommunications, including user support. For law students, Mr. McWhorter will provide first-tier support for:
- Wireless networking (ulsecure)
- Wireless printing
- Lab computing and printing
- Exam4 downloading, installation and basic usage
Students are reminded that the Brandeis School of Law's online Help Desk is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
University IT distributed the following information to all CardMail account holders on Friday, August 30, 2013:
Over the summer, your CardMail account was upgraded to Office 365. Beginning Sept. 5th Microsoft will upgrade your account to a new version of Office 365. Shortly after the upgrade is complete, new features will be added including Office Web Apps, SkyDrive and SharePoint Online. We will send a follow up email when those features go live. You will continue to access your email and calendar at http://cardmail.louisville.edu. If you are having problems connecting to this site, please be sure to refresh the cache of your internet browser and try again.
What does this mean for you?
- Initially, the site will look different when you login to CardMail and will contain the Office 365 logo in the top left hand corner.
- Following the upgrade, Office Web Apps(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), SkyDrive and SharePoint online will be made available, and will allow you to create and read documents from Office 365. These apps are a light version of the full Microsoft Office and are only available when you have Internet access.
- Please follow this link to learn how to setup [sic] and use these functions: https://louisville.edu/email/office-365
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- For more information about the upgrade, take this online tour of Office 365: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/videos/office-365-a-tour-for-users-HA102657904.aspx?redir=0
- If you have questions or need help, contact the IT HelpDesk at 852-7997, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Live Chat at http://louisville.edu/it/helpdesk.