On October 7, 2009, as a part of the University of Louisville's homecoming celebrations, the Brandeis School of Law held its annual alumni banquet. The celebration, which was held at the Seelbach Hotel, provided alumni with an opportunity to reconnect with friends and faculty, and to honor some of their fellow alumni, who were being recognized this year.
Those recognized this year included:
- Alumni Fellow - Justice Lisabeth Hughes Abramson
- Lawrence Grauman Award - Robert L. Ackerson
- Distinguished Alumni/ae Award - Mary E. Barrazotto, Ronald E. Meisburg, Judge Geoffrey P. Morris, Kathleen Pellegrino, Shelton R. Weber
- Recent Alumnus/a Award - Demetrius "D" Holloway
- Dean's Service Award - Thomas M. Williams
- Excellence in Teaching Award - Kathleen S. Bean
We thank all our alumni who joined in the celebration and hope to see all of you next year.
| || |
More photos are available at Flickr.
The Louisville Law Dining Guide contains reviews of the law school community's favorite dining establishments in the city and sourrounding area. It's by no means exhaustive, but it is informative, especially for those of you that are new to town.
The Student Bar Association's favorites include: Third Avenue Café, J. Alexanders, Ramsi's Café On the World, Spinelli's Pizzeria, El Mundo and the Irish Rover. Dean Chen, Michael Ben-Avraham, Scott Campbell and Professors Knowles and Hilyerd each recommend the Santa Fe Grill.
See the dining guide for more reviews, details and directions.
Please see the attached document for registration days and times.
Pre-registration forms for ALL students must be returned to Student Records by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, October 29, 2009.
Registration materials will be available in Student Records on Tuesday, October 20, 2009.