Professional Development News
U.S. Marine Corps JAG Information Session - Monday, September 16 - 11:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Brandeis Room (112)Posted September 10th, 2013 by Debra K. Reh
Captain Jacob Pagragan of the U.S. Marine JAG Corps will be on campus conducting an Information Session on Monday, September 16th beginning at 11:30 a.m. in the Brandeis Room (112).
All interested students are welcome to attend anytime between 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
National School Boards Association's Council of School Attorneys - School Law Practice Seminar in Nashville, October 10-12, 2013Posted September 9th, 2013 by Debra K. Reh
If you are interested in attending this CLE from October 10-12, 2013 in Nashville, TN, please contact Dean Hajek.
Program information is available online at: http://www.nsba.org/cosa2/practice/index.html
Interested students should complete the attached registration form and email it to: registration @nsba.org or fax it to: (703)519-6497.
There is a special student registration fee of $95.
Farrell, Legg & White PLLC is seeking a Summer 2014 Law Clerk for their Huntington, WV office.
If you are interested, please log onto Symplicity, click "OCI" and select the appropriate session to find out application procedures and additional information about the firm.
Please upload requested documents by Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 p.m.
The following government programs have 2L deadlines coming up in the next few weeks. Details of these programs are provided in the 2013-14 Government Honors & Internship Handbook, located at www.law.arizona.edu/career/honorshandbook.cfm.
For the user name and password to log onto the Handbook, email Ms. Reh at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide her with the following: your name, class year, and UofL email address.
2Ls for the Summer 2014
· Securities & Exchange Commission – Student Honors Program (Unpaid, Deadline extended to 10/06/13)
State & Local Government
· Alabama Office of the Attorney General (Unpaid, Deadline 10/01/13)
3Ls for Attorney Positions post graduation
· Federal Trade Commission – Bureau of Competition Entry Legal Attorney Program (Paid, Deadline 09/15/13)
· Department of Homeland Security – Office of General Counsel General Counsel’s Honors Attorneys Program (Paid, Deadline 09/15/13)
· Comptroller of the Currency – Law Department Chief Counsel’s Employment Program (Paid, Deadline 09/16/13)
· Consumer Financial Protection Bureau – Louis D. Brandeis Attorney Honors Program (Paid, Deadline 09/17/13)
· Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – 2014 Legal Division Honors Program (Paid, Deadline 09/30/13)
· Department of Housing & Urban Development – Office of General Counsel Legal Honors Program (Paid, Deadline 09/30/13)
· Nuclear Regulatory Commission – Atomic Safety & Licensing Board Panel Judicial Law Clerk Program (Paid, Deadline 09/30/13)
State & Local Government
· Massachusetts Office of the Attorney General – Fellowship Program (Paid, Deadline 09/13/13)
· City of Philadelphia – District Attorney’s Office Third Year Law Student New Attorney Hiring Program (Paid, Deadline 09/20/13)
The New Albany, Indiana Office of the Attorney General is seeking a volunteer law clerk for the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. The law clerk will be responsible for investigation, analysis, and assistance with litigation of potential Medicaid fraud schemes and licensed healthcare professionals.This is a part-time, volunteer position.For additional information and how to apply, log onto Symplicity.
New Albany, Indiana Office of the Attorney General seeking Law Clerk for Medicaid Fraud Control UnitPosted September 5th, 2013 by Debra K. Reh
The New Albany, Indiana Office of the Attorney General is seeking a volunteer law clerk for the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit. The law clerk will be responsible for investigation, analysis, and assistance with litigation of potential Medicaid fraud schemes and licensed healthcare professionals. This is a part-time, volunteer position.
For additional information and how to apply, log onto Symplicity.
Mr. Robert Kuhnle, Associate Regional Counsel in Louisville, KY would like to come to the law school to speak to our third year students about the HUD Legal Honors Program. Mr. Kuhnle will explain and encourage students to apply to the HUD Legal Honors Program. The deadline to apply is Monday, September 30.
If you are a third year student and would be interested in attending this program, please e-mail Jina Scinta at email@example.com to indicate your interest by 3:00 p.m. TODAY.
Serving in the Peace Corps is a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture, learn a new language, and have the experience of a lifetime promoting peace and sustainable development. Laura Fonseca, Peace Corps Regional Representative for Southern Indiana and Kentucky will be on campus today, September 4 to promote this important organization. There will be two sessions today.
The first will be from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at the Study Abroad Fair in the Red Barn. The second will be from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. at the Ekstrom Library Room W104. Please plan to attend this Information Session to learn about Volunteer experiences, have your questions answered, and gain tips to guide you through the application process. Apply NOW for departures in 2014.
Steel Technologies who will be coming on campus Tuesday, September 17th.
"Steel Technologies is looking for a 2L for a legal internship position to work approximately 40 hours/week during the summer and potentially 8-16 hours/week during the school year. The bidding deadline was originally September 3rd, but has been extended until Thursday, September 5th at 2:00 p.m.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience with an international corporation's in-house legal department. For details and how to apply, log onto Symplicity, OCI, Session - Steel Technologies.