Join now for the special law student rate of just $25 a year at www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or $60 for three years at www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 to:
- Watch your resume rise to the top of the stack through internships, fellowships, clerkships, public service volunteer opportunities and competitions.
- Discover your passion through free and affordable special interest groups with webinars and networking events.
- Get help through school and beyond with the Student Lawyer magazine, the ABA Journal, discounts on study aides and bar review courses and valuable health insurance.
Join the nearly 40,000 law students who are leveraging their ABA memberships to prepare for successful careers. Enroll today by visiting www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 or call 800-285-2221 and mention code RMM12ELSA.
Bishop & Associates, a local east-end firm, is seeking a May 2012 graduate who will be sitting for the KY Bar Exam in July.
To apply and for additional details, go to Symplicity. Deadline is April 6th.
The newly formed Business Law Society is holding it's inagural event this Monday, April 2nd, from 11:30 to 1:00pm. An impressive panel has been invited to discuss business law, the role of the corporate lawyer, what makes a business lawyer tick, what clients are looking for, how to get into this area of law, and so on.
• Matthew Hamel (Executive VP and General Counsel at Brown Forman)
• Raymond Burse (Vice President and General Counsel at GE)
• John Rippy (Senior VP at Republic Bank)
• Jeffry Gordon (General Counsel at Sun Tan City)
• Shawn Bailey (VP at Churchill Downs Incorporatated)
Lunch will be served, and prospective members will also receive information on becoming involved with the Business Law Society. The event's facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/107716289359925/
The Office of Professional Development will be sponsoring an information session on Tuesday, April 3, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. in Room 175. Depending on whether you are a rising 2L or rising 3L, Dean Urbach will be giving you valuable tips on what you can do over the summer to get ready for the fall hiring season. You won't want to miss this opportunity to get ahead of the game. This is a brown bag event, so please bring your own lunch.