In 2011, The Peggy Browning Fund will support over 50 funder Summer Fellowships in labor-related organizations throughout the U.S. Summer Fellowship stipends are a minimum of $4,500 per student for a ten-week employment period. In many cases Mentor Organizations will supplement the stipend. See each individual fellowship description for details.
Students interested in applying must submit applications both to the listed organization and to The Peggy Browning Fund. Applications must be received no later than Friday, January 14th.
If interested, please go to: http://www.peggybrowningfund.org/apply.html
If you have questions, contact Professor Levinson.
Because you may not have been checking the Daily Docket over the holiday break, this appeared in the Monday, December 13th edition.
Students planning to take the July 2011 or February 2012 Kentucky Bar Exam should plan to attend the January 11 bar program. Guest speakers, Eric Ison, Chair of the Kentucky Board of Bar Examiners, and Bonnie Kittinger, Director and General Counsel of the Kentucky Office of Bar Admissions, will discuss the following important information and answer your questions:
- Most common mistakes students make on their bar applications
- Most common questions received by the Kentucky Office of Bar Admissions
- Statistics for bar passage
- Essay component of the Kentucky Bar Exam – what subjects are covered; how questions are drafted; how answers are graded
- Do's and Don'ts when answering essay questions on the Kentucky Bar Exam
The program will begin at 12:15, in Room 275. Pizza will be provided.