1. By the end of the week, we will put all the unclaimed wallet-sized photos in your mailboxes.
2. The draft composite is now back at the printers. Watch the door of office #182 for the hanging of the final draft -- to make sure the changes were properly made. (We may have it as early as this weekend, but no promises.)
3. Be sure to get your ERSS (those employment yellow sheets) into Career Services. AND, if you have information to add to your sheet, please come by and update us.
The following is a list of scheduled reviews. Reviews are also posted on the events calendar.
Tuesday, April 22
Debtor-Creditor with Professor Lee
Secured Transactions with Professor Smith
Decedents' Estates Review with Jones
Thursday, April 24
Property with Professor Arnold
Friday, April 25
Con. Law with Professor Trucios-Haynes
Saturday, April 26
Contracts with Professor Hall
Tuesday, April 29
Civil Procedure with Professor Jordan
Thanks to all the students who took time to prepare and tryout during this hectic period before finals.
If you were unable to attend the Public Service Program Information Session last week, please stop by the Public Service Office (Room 102) as soon as possible to pick up your copy of the new Public Service Manual.
Evening students received their copy in their student mailboxes.
Congratulations to the 2008-2009 Law School Student Athletic Ticket Lottery Winners:
Combo Football-Basketball Winners
Football Only Winners
Jon Michael Murphy
Football Only Runners-Up
Winners must pick up their vouchers from the SBA office and turn them in to the athletic ticket office in the SAC by APRIL 30th. Vouchers will not be honored after that day and the TICKETS WILL BE LOST.
The Young Lawyers Section of the Kentucky Bar Association will award a $500 bar study award to a graduating UofL law student, based upon the following criteria:
The $500 award shall be granted to a graduating 3L or 4L who: (i) has made a significant contribution to the law school community (with a preference for participation in student organizations such as the Student Bar Association); (ii) has a demonstrated need for the financial assistance; and (iii) intends to practice in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The award shall be used for expenses associated with taking the Kentucky bar exam. The determination will be made in the sole discretion of the Executive Committee of the Kentucky Bar Association, Young Lawyers Section.
Dean Sealing will collect applicants' materials until May 5 and then send them on to the KBA. There is no official application form.
Students are invited to enter the James Boskey ADR Writing Competition, honoring the late James Boskey (Seton Hall). The deadline for entries is June 16, 2008. Two rules changes have occurred since this competition began:
- The length limit has been raised to 25 pages, exclusive of footnotes or endnotes;
- Previously published works are eligible, so long as the essay was written by a JD student at an ABA-accredited law school during the 2007-08 academic year.
Further details can be found at http://www.dsl.psu.edu/academics/Boskey.cfm.
Please come by the Moot Court Board Room by Friday, April 18, and confirm that we have the correct names on your team's roster. It is placed on the bulletin board inside the office.