Rising 2L and 3L students who are interested in attending the 7th annual SIPJF in Atlanta, GA on July 26, 2011 can find information at: http://law.gsu.edu/careers/sipjf The registration period for law schools is March 14th-April 25th. The list of participating employers will be sent to the Professional Development Office on May 4th along with Student Registration Forms. If you have let our office know that you are interested in participating, we will provide you with the list of employers as well as a student registration form. After you have reviewed the list, you can decide if you want to participate. If you do want to participate, you will complete the form and submit it to our office along with a $30 non-refundable student registration fee (payable online or by check) by May 16th.
If you would like to be added to the SIPJF distribution list, please e-mail Debra Reh at: email@example.com
Composite Photography sessions are scheduled at the Law School on the following dates and times:
- Thursday, March 24, 2011, between 5:00 PM and 7:30 PM
- Friday, March 25, 2011, between 11:00 AM and 3:00 PM
Location: BRANDEIS SCHOOL OF LAW - RM 071
The ONLINE SIGN UP FORM is now available. Please use the link below to select a photography appointment.
Questions? Please ask Ashley Wiggins.
Professor Arnold Loewy of Texas Tech School of Law and our own Professor Russell Weaver will engage in a scholarly debate on this topic.
Time: 12:00-12:55 with time for Q&A built in (Will end promptly at 12:55 for the Structured Study Groups)
Free lunch from Chick-fil-A will be provided!
Spring Break is an important time for law students to review and outline, and can be a real boost in preparing for exams and catching up on study tasks. So 1Ls, be sure you take advantage of this time and take the Spring Break Challenge on March 22!
Here’s how it will work:
- Enjoy your spring break (March 14 – 20), but catch up on your reading; catch up on your outlining; and intensely review your outlines (especially Contracts).
- On the Tuesday that you return from Spring Break, take the Challenge!
- The Challenge will consist of many objective-type (non-essay) questions covering only one subject – Contracts II.
- Your goal is to correctly answer as many questions as you can, in any order, in 30 minutes.
- All you need is a pen.
- There will be separate Challenges for Section 1 (Nowka) and Section 2 (Giesel) contracts classes.
- The student who answers the most questions correctly will be crowned the Spring Break Challenge Champion.
- Great prizes will be awarded to the first- through third-place finishers, including an iPod Touch 8G, 3,200 LexisNexis Reward Points, and Restaurant Gift Certificates courtesy of Kaplan PMBR.
Section 2 students: You take the Challenge on Tuesday, March 22, right after your Torts class, from 11:25 to 11:55, in Room 275.
Section 1 students: You take the Challenge on Tuesday, March 22, right after your Contracts class, from 11:45 to 12:15, in Room 175.
Last year's winners were Julie Simonson (champion), Lani Burt, Amanda Anderson, and Nancy Vinsel.
If you are interested, please let Dean Urbach know by March 20. Thanks!