Judge Edwin Schroering, Gregory Cinnamon, and Jim Chen
On October 6, invited guests attended the 2010 Alumni Awards Banquet to honor several individuals who have made significant contributions to the legal community and to the work of the University of Louisville’s Brandeis School of Law.
Among the distinguished honorees were Barbara Lewis, the 2010 Alumni Fellow and Tom Blackburn, recipient of the Excellence in Teaching Award. Additionally, the following faculty were acknowledged as the first recipients of the Jonathan N. Helfat Endowment Award: Karen Jordan, Les Abramson, and Tony Arnold.
Many thanks to the staff, faculty, alumni, students and members of the Black Law Students Association who planned and attended the event.
1. Brief Statement of Interest in Environmental Law and/or (150 words or less).
3. Writing Sample (5 pages or less) - You may select a larger sample of work to send, but please indicate the 5 pages which you would like to be most fully considered.
The extended deadline for applications is Tuesday, October 12. Interested individuals will be contacted for a brief interview. If you have any additional questions, please contact Brian Pollock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Law School's mid-term break is on Monday. This long weekend is the perfect opportunity to get caught up with outlining in each of your courses. Try these tips:
- For each course, calculate how many weeks behind you are in the outline.
- Start with the course that is most caught up and finish that outline first. Then work on the next outline that has the fewest weeks to catch up and so forth.
- If you are equally behind in several outlines, start with the course that you think you can do most quickly.
- If you have not started any outlines, decide which outline will be the easiest to do and complete it first. Next easiest and so forth.
- Block off time in your schedule to work on each outline over several days, rather than expect to find 8 or 10 hours straight for outlining.
- Set goals for when each outline will be current. Try to have all outlines completed within 10 days – the earlier the better.
- You will need to sacrifice weekend “fun” time to get on top of your outlining so that you only have to add new material each week.
Congratulations to Dean Becker, Professor Smith, Professor Hall and his wife, Stephanie, of The Subconscionables, who took first place! They were followed by The Fiduciaries in second place and 100% Legal in third.
The SBA will be cleaning and disposingof all food items left in refrigerators on the following Tuesday evenings:
October 19, 2010
November 9, 2010
November 16, 2010