Distinguished Bankruptcy Law Student Award
The Executive Committee of the Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar has established the Distinguished Bankruptcy Law Student Award. The award was created to recognize both excellence and achivement in the field of bankruptcy and corporate restructuring law, and to encourage the pursuit of a career in bankruptcy law and corporate restructuring.
Dean Ballard is accepting student self nominations through May 17, 2013. Nominees for the MRBS Distinguished Law Student Award will be a first or second year law student with a superior academic record, a strong interest in the practice of bankruptcy law and corporate restructuring, and a commitment to pursuing a career in the practice.
To self nominate, please send your resume and a statement of interest in the fields of bankruptcy law and corporate restructuring to Dean Ballard by May 17. Members of the Executive Committee will select up to four students from law schools in Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky to receive the award. The recipients will receive:
- Complimentary registration at the Midwest Regional Bankruptcy Seminar scheduled for August 22-23 in Cincinnati, Ohio;
- Reimbursement for reasonable travel expenses;
- Two nights stay at the Westin Hotel in Cincinnati;
- Invitations to the Reds game on August 21 and faculty dinner on August 22;
- Listing of the Distinguished Law Student recipients on the MRBS website; and
- Recognition and award during lunch on August 22.