University IT distributed the following information to all CardMail account holders on Friday, August 30, 2013:
Over the summer, your CardMail account was upgraded to Office 365. Beginning Sept. 5th Microsoft will upgrade your account to a new version of Office 365. Shortly after the upgrade is complete, new features will be added including Office Web Apps, SkyDrive and SharePoint Online. We will send a follow up email when those features go live. You will continue to access your email and calendar at http://cardmail.louisville.edu. If you are having problems connecting to this site, please be sure to refresh the cache of your internet browser and try again.
What does this mean for you?
- Initially, the site will look different when you login to CardMail and will contain the Office 365 logo in the top left hand corner.
- Following the upgrade, Office Web Apps(Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote), SkyDrive and SharePoint online will be made available, and will allow you to create and read documents from Office 365. These apps are a light version of the full Microsoft Office and are only available when you have Internet access.
- Please follow this link to learn how to setup [sic] and use these functions: https://louisville.edu/email/office-365
INFORMATION AND SUPPORT
- For more information about the upgrade, take this online tour of Office 365: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/videos/office-365-a-tour-for-users-HA102657904.aspx?redir=0
- If you have questions or need help, contact the IT HelpDesk at 852-7997, firstname.lastname@example.org, or by Live Chat at http://louisville.edu/it/helpdesk.