2Ls: Apply for the 2014 Ms. JD Fellowship - Deadline March 1
In 2010, Ms. JD partnered with the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession to found the Ms. JD Fellowship. The Fellowship is Ms. JD's program to promote mentoring and professional development. Each spring, Ms. JD selects a group of outstanding second year law students as Fellowship recipients. In addition to receiving financial support and invitations to ABA and Ms. JD events, each Fellowship recipient is paired with a mentor chosen from among the Brent Award honorees, Spirit of Excellence Award recipients, and ABA Commission on Women in the Profession Commissioners.
Here's what you'll need to submit to apply for the fellowship:
1. Resume (Must include a link to your LinkedIn Profile)
2. Unofficial Law School Transcripts
3. One paragraph (250 words) answering the question, “There are many mentorship programs for law students; why would you like to participate in the Ms. JD Fellowship?”
4. One paragraph (250 words) answering the question, “Describe how you have demonstrated leadership ability, both in and out of law school.”
5. One paragraph (250 words) answering the question, “If you had to contribute to the Ms. JD community by writing a blog post, what would you discuss and why?”
6. One paragraph (250 words) answering the question “Describe in detail an event that you would like to organize at your law school that promotes women in the law.”
Submit your application to email@example.com. Applications are due March 1, 2014, at 11:59pm. Ms. JD will announce Fellowship finalists in March. Finalists will complete interviews with two Ms. JD board members by the end of March and the Ms. JD Fellows and their mentors will be announced at the end of April.