Course Registration Instructions
Registration for Summer 2014 and Fall 2014 classes begins on Friday. In preparation, every student should carefully review the Registration Instructions for important information on registration dates and times, deadlines, and other helpful information. If you have any questions after reading the Registration Instructions, please contact Barbara Thompson in Student Records, Office 217.
- Unless authorized by the Assistant Dean for Student Life, no full-time student is permitted to register for more than 16 credit hours per semester and no part-time student is permitted to register for more than 12 credit hours per semester. “Credit hours” include all classes the student takes at the University of Louisville, regardless of whether the credit will be applied toward the student’s degree. Skills competitions, externships, clinics, and journal credit also count as hours in this calculation.
- Students may take no more than two seminars in any semester.
- Students may apply no more than two pass/fail independent studies or seminars toward graduation. Students may apply no more than four (4) credit hours of independent studies toward graduation.
- A student may not satisfy the skills requirement during the same course or seminar in which the student satisfies the upper division writing requirement or the Perspective requirement.
- Students registering for courses should read all Course Notes AGAIN and ensure that they have satisfied the prerequisites for all courses for which they intend to enroll before attempting to register. Courses with prerequisites beyond the first year curriculum are marked on the course schedule with a "P," and specific course prerequisites are listed in the Course Catalog.