Apply Now for the 2015 Polikoff-Gautreaux Fellowship in Chicago
Business and Professional People for the Public Interest (BPI) offers the Polikoff-Gautreaux Fellowship, an exceptional fellowship opportunity in Chicago for a recent law or public policy graduate. One of the country's foremost public interest law and policy centers, BPI seeks out and addresses compelling issues of social justice and quality of life in the Chicago region. Currently, BPI works to preserve and increase affordable housing, transform public housing, improve Chicago's public schools, and promote open and honest government in Illinois.
Requirements of the Fellowship are:
• Either a JD or MA/MS in public policy or related field (by Fellowship start)
• Demonstrated interest or experience in one of BPI's program areas
• Accomplished oral and writing skills
• Strong academic record
• Initiative, creativity and flexibility
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of organizations, constituent groups, government, and civic leaders.
Fellows receive an annual salary of $46,000 with medical and dental coverage. Debt service on law school or graduate school loans for the duration of the Fellowship may be available, based on need.
Applications for the 2015 Fellowship are due Friday, October 17, 2014. Interested students can log onto Symplicity for more details on how to apply.