Flood Relief Fund
The law school has started a Flood Relief Fund to provide assistance to some of our students who were adversely affected by the flood that occurred on Tuesday, August 4.
If you'd like to contribute, please contact either Vickie Tencer, Bob Micou or Matt Williams. If you've been affected and would like to request assistance, please contact Vickie Tencer by email or by phone at 502.852.6092.
- UofL Flood Updates
- Restore UofL
- Photo Gallery
- University Libraries seeks digital photos, video of recent floods. Contact Virginia M. Smith in the library if you'd like to contribute.
This information appeared in the Courier-Journal and may be helpful. Numbers to call:
- For food, clothing or other services: 311 (metro government)
- For special request of the Red Cross: 589-4450
- To volunteer through the United Way: 292-6107
- For help from the United Way: 292-6115
- Metro United Way's Volunteer Engagement Center is recruiting standby volunteers, age 18 and older, to respond quickly to flood cleanup needs in the community.
- Anyone wishing to join the volunteer standby list should register at www.metrounitedway.org/volunteer or call 292-6107.
- People who require assistance who lack physical or financial capacity to handle flooding cleanup should call 292-6115 or register online. They will be contacted by representatives of the member organizations of Kentucky and Indiana Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters.
- If you have suffered damage and would like to request aid from the university, or if you would like to volunteer your time and effort to help victims, send an email to Tammy Lawson.