Academic Success Tip - Create a Task List
This week’s tips focus on how you can use your time efficiently and effectively for studying during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Create a task list for each exam course or paper/project. Determine which tasks are your priorities to complete over your break period. Weigh the following factors:
- Are there projects/papers/presentations that will be due before the end of the semester?
- Are your outlines up-to-date for all of your exam courses?
- Are certain courses extremely difficult for you and need additional review time?
- Are you aware that you are behind in certain courses or portions of courses?
- Do you need to make tables, flowcharts, or other graphics if you are a visual learner?
- Are there certain supplemental materials that you want to read and study to clarify certain topics?
- Have you had a chance to do practice questions for your exam courses?
- Do you need to spend more time on memorization of the law?
- Will you be meeting with a study group during the break period?