Academic Success Tip - Do You Feel Behind on Your Outlines?
Posted October 7th, 2010 by Kimberly K. Ballard
The Law School's mid-term break is on Monday. This long weekend is the perfect opportunity to get caught up with outlining in each of your courses. Try these tips:
- For each course, calculate how many weeks behind you are in the outline.
- Start with the course that is most caught up and finish that outline first. Then work on the next outline that has the fewest weeks to catch up and so forth.
- If you are equally behind in several outlines, start with the course that you think you can do most quickly.
- If you have not started any outlines, decide which outline will be the easiest to do and complete it first. Next easiest and so forth.
- Block off time in your schedule to work on each outline over several days, rather than expect to find 8 or 10 hours straight for outlining.
- Set goals for when each outline will be current. Try to have all outlines completed within 10 days – the earlier the better.
- You will need to sacrifice weekend “fun” time to get on top of your outlining so that you only have to add new material each week.