Character and Fitness Updates
Students: Your law school application asked six questions in the Character and Fitness section. The directions provide that "[t]hese questions are continuing in nature; if any answer becomes inaccurate or incomplete due to subsequent events, please file a written amendment with the ... Associate Dean for Student Life."
You thus need to file an amendment if anything has changed since you applied to law school. Please come and see Dean Ballard if you need to file an amendment. The questions are pasted below; if the answer to any of the questions is "yes," you must explain.
- Have you ever been arrested, charged or cited for any law violation? (Include all felonies, misdemeanors and juvenile offenses, even if the record was later expunged. Parking and minor traffic violations may be excluded, but any alcohol or drug-related offense must be included.)
- Have you ever been a plaintiff or defendant in a legal proceeding?
- Have you ever been discharged, disciplined or asked to resign from a job?
- Have you ever received less than an honorable discharge from the armed forces?
- Have you ever been accused of violating an honor code or code of conduct at an academic institution or place of employment?
- Have you ever been dismissed, suspended, or otherwise disciplined by any college, graduate school or professional school?