Diversity Forum: The Mayor’s Violence Reduction Task Force
Room 275, University of Louisville, Brandeis School of Law
In response to a series of shootings in West Louisville during May 2012, Mayor Greg Fischer appointed a 37-member Violence Reduction Task Force, which met first in mid-June. The group continues to work on its final report, which goes to Mayor Fischer on Monday, October 1.
On Tuesday, October 2 at noon in Room 275, the law school will host the first of two diversity forums on the violence in West Louisville. This one will feature five speakers: Dr. LaQuandra Nesbitt, Louisville Metro Department of Health Director, and Chair of the Violence Reduction Task Force; Ben Richmond, President and CEO of the Louisville Urban League; Judge Brian Edwards, Jefferson Circuit Court, Division 11; local community activist Christopher 2X; and 2011 Brandeis School of Law graduate Charles Booker, legislative aide to Councilman David Tandy.
- Anne Braden Institute for Social Justice Research
- Black Law Students Association
- Brandeis School of Law Diversity Committee
- Office of Community Engagement Signature Partnership Initiative
- Office of the Vice Provost for Diversity and International Affairs
This program is free and open to all.