Lambda Law Caucus News
OUTLaw, the LGBTQ organization at Washington University School of Law, invites you and members of your law community to the annual Midwest LGBTQ Law Conference, scheduled this year for Saturday, February 15, 2014. This conference is an annual gathering of current law students and practitioners from the greater Midwest to discuss contemporary legal issues affecting the LGBTQ community.
Information about the event is available at(http://law.wustl.edu/organizations/outlaw/pages.aspx?id=9654) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/midwestlgbtqlawconference). The conference is free and open to the public.
Registration is through the website. For more information, see the invitation and schedule of events for the conference.
Date: Thursday, October 10th, 12:00 - 12:50 p.m.
Room: Cox Lounge
Come hear panelists from a variety of legal settings explore different issues diverse students will face in the hiring process and provide advice. Topics will include: when/how students should highlight their diversity, how students should deal with difficult/inappropriate questions in an interview, how bar associations can help students network, whether students should mention they are married and/or have children during the hiring process, the value of diversity career fairs and diversity committees in the hiring process, and how students can investigate and look for signs to show whether a firm or agency is committed to diversity. All students, staff and faculty are welcome to attend. Lunch (Mexican food) will be served.
Panelists will include:
• Lonita Gaines, Attorney with the Jefferson County Attorney's Office, Vice President of the Louisville Black Lawyers Association
• Bert Greenwell, Corporate and Real Estate Attorney with Weber & Rose, Member of the UofL LGBT Alumni Council
• Deborah Jandt, Vice President for Talent Acquisition, Marsh & McLennan (Parent Company to Mercer, Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Oliver Wyman, Lippincott and NERA Economic Consulting)
• Ellie Kerstetter, Solo Practitioner, President of the UofL Law Alumni Council, Chair of the Louisville Bar Association Diversity Committee
• Rawleigh Richardson, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Director of Community & College Relations for the Louisville Society for Human Resource Management
Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
Black Law Students Association
Lambda Law Caucus
Multicultural Law Student Association
Parents Attending Law School
UofL LGBT Alumni Council
UofL LGBT Center
Women's Law Caucus
Office of Professional Development
The cost for students to register is $12. Lunch is available for an additional $7, but you must pre-register. The flier with more detailed information is attached!
Journal of Animal and Environmental Law (JAEL) member applications are due today. You can submit them either by hardcopy or electronically on our TWEN page.
The hardcopy is due by 3pm and you can either drop them in our office (or slip them under the door if we aren't there) or place them in our drop box next to the student mailboxes.
To submit them electronically, you must join our TWEN page and you can upload them into the assignment drop box. Electronic submissions are due by Monday, May 10th at 11pm.