Student Bar Association News
There are a few vacant positions on the SBA for the 2012-2013 school year. The following positions are vacant:
- Technology Chair
- 2 Student Government Association Representatives
- 1 3L Representative
- 3 3L Honor Council positions (1 elected, 2 alternates)
If you are interested in filling any of these positions, please email Jacob Giesecke (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Friday, April 13th at 5:00pm. If interested, you will be required to attend the SBA meeting on Tuesday, April 17th at 9:00pm in Room 175. You will be given an opportunity to speak to the SBA for 3-5 minutes about your qualifications for the positions and why you would like the position. If you have any questions, please email Jacob Giesecke at the above email address.
Congratulations to the following students who have been elected as the 2012-2013 SBA officers:
President - Jacob Giesecke
Vice President - J. Brandon Johnson
Secretary - James Hafley
Treasurer - Paul Bradford
Social Chair - Christy Ferko
Career Services Chair - Dani Smith
Public Service Chair - Tara Skaggs
Public Relations Char - Jessica Williamson
ABA Rep - Derek Miles
Fundraising Chair - Erica Wood
SGA Rep - Shawn Spalding
3L Class Rep - Erin Kimla
2L Class Reps - Billy Avery and Gayle Johnson
3L Honor Council Reps - Paul Bradford and Shawn Spalding
2L Honor Council Reps - Kaitlyn Jones and Jessica Williamson; Tara Skaggs - Alternate
Join now for the special law student rate of just $25 a year at www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or $60 for three years at www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 to:
- Watch your resume rise to the top of the stack through internships, fellowships, clerkships, public service volunteer opportunities and competitions.
- Discover your passion through free and affordable special interest groups with webinars and networking events.
- Get help through school and beyond with the Student Lawyer magazine, the ABA Journal, discounts on study aides and bar review courses and valuable health insurance.
Join the nearly 40,000 law students who are leveraging their ABA memberships to prepare for successful careers. Enroll today by visiting www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 or call 800-285-2221 and mention code RMM12ELSA.