Student Bar Foundation News
Join us for the Student Bar Foundation's Annual Charity Auction to be held on March 6, 2008 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the Louisville Bar Association located at 600 W. Main in downtown Louisville. All are welcome.
See our fabulous auction items under the STUDENT BAR FOUNDATION CHARITY AUCTION 2008 page.
STUDENT BAR FOUNDATION CHARITY AUCTION
We are pleased to present our auction items for 2008.
Thanks to our generous donors!
LIVE AUCTION ITEMS
1) Cardinals basketball autographed by the 2008 University of Louisville Basketball Team Members. A team on its way to great things. VALUE: PRICELESS.
2) PMBR 3-Day Intensive Seminar Course. A gift certificate for a 3-day course. Generously donated by PMBR. Value: $475.
3) SURPRISE EVENT with Dean Chen! Donated by Dean Chen. Dean Chen will host 3 students or individuals for a surprise event. VALUE: PRICELESS
4) One night stay and 18 holes of golf for two at Belterra. Enjoy a complimentary one-night stay in a deluxe room at Belterra Resort and Spa for two persons. A round of golf for a twosome on Belterra’s Tom Fazio Golf Course. Subject to availability. Some restrictions apply- no Saturday stays or golf outings. Friday and Sunday stays and golf rounds are included. Generously donated by Belterra Casino and Resort. VALUE:$250.
5) PMBR 6-Day Intensive Seminar Course. A gift certificate for a 6-day course- Generously donated by PMBR. Value:$799.
6) FIVE days of tickets for six to Churchill Downs.Donated by Mr. Robert Kohn of Fernandez, Friedman, Grossman, & Kohn. Excludes Derby Weekend. This package includes an exuberant derby hat donated by Dean Jim Chen.
7) BAR/BRI full Kentucky Tuition. A certificate towards A FULL BAR/BRI Bar Review Course in any of the following states: KY, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO ND, OH or SD. Generously donated by BAR/BRI. Excludes refundable book deposit and tax. Expires in Feb 21, 2012. value: $2500.
8) Golf Foursome at Valhalla. Play Valhalla- the home of the 2008 Ryder Cup. This golf package includes Tuesday through Friday before 11 or after 2pm and Saturdays, Sundays or holidays after 2pm. Caddies and carts are not included. Ryder Cup and Ryder Cup preparation restrictions apply. Generously donated by Woodward Hobson and Fulton. VALUE- priceless
9) Cincinnati Reds Game – Four tickets to the June 13th game of the Boston Red Sox at Cincinnati Reds. These tickets are no longer available. The four tickets are located in the first 15 rows on the third base line behind the visiting team’s dugout. Generously donated by Justin Vetter. ValuE: $1500.
SILENT AUCTION ITEMS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
Item 1: Wine Lover’s Basket Donated by: Gemelli Wine and Spirits
Item 2: Arthur Murray Dance LessonsDonated by Arthur Murray Dance Studios.
Item 3: Actor’s Theater for twoDonated by Fund for the Arts.
Item 4: A Night on the TownDonated by The Jazz Factory and SBF
Item 5: Dinner with Professor Cross Donated by Professor John Cross.
Item 6: Basketball signed by Darrell GriffithDonated by Darrel Griffith.
Item 7: A Soccer Party Donated by Mockingbird Valley Soccer.
Item 8: Knitter’s Dream Basket Donated by Knit Nook and Emily Wang Zahn.
Item 9: Edenside GalleryDonated by Edenside Gallery.
Item 10: Dinner Around the WorldDonated by Sahara, El Mundo, Irish Rover, PF Chang’s.
Item 11: Bats Tickets for FourDonated by the Louisville Bats.
Item 12: Handcrafted Ceramic Platter Donated by Pottery by Linda.
Item 13: two Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom Tickets Donated by Six Flags.
Item 14: Dance with GraceDonated by Dance with Grace.
Item 15: Try Scuba! Donated by Kentucky Diving Headquarters.
Item 16: A Legal History of KentuckyDonated by Prof. Kurt X. Metzmeier.
Item 17: Family Membership to BernheimDonated by Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest.
Item 18: A Much Needed MassageDonated by Luna Boutique.
Item 19: Dinner with Prof. Warren at Jack Fry’sDonated by Prof. Manning Warren.
Item 20: Books and CoffeeDonated by Carmichael’s Bookstore and Emily Wang Zahn.
Item 21: Family Membership to the Ali CenterDonated by The Ali Center.
Item 22: Dinner with Prof. LevinsonDonated by Professor Ariana Levinson.
Item 23: Dinner at Artemesia and DancingDonated by Artemesia and Arthur Murray Dance Studios.
Item 24: 5000 Westlaw PointsDonated by Westlaw.
Item 25: Bats TicketsDonated by The Louisville Bats.
Item 26: Dinner and MovieDonated by Baxter Theaters and Bristol Bar & Grille.
Item 27: Gourmet Gift Basket Donated by Tilford Dobbins Alexander Buckaway & Black.
Item 28: Kentucky Practice: Civil Procedure Forms, Vol. 11, 12.Donated by Prof. Leslie W. Abramson.
Item 29: Vincenzo’s: Dinner and DancingDonated by Frost Brown Todd. Dance lessons donated by Arthur Murray Dance Studios.
Item 30: Speed Art Museum MembershipDonated by the Speed Art Museum.
Item 31: Golf Accessory BasketDonated by Legal Aid Society of Louisville.
Item 32: Arthur Murray Dance LessonsDonated by Arthur Murray Dance Studios.
Item 33: Dinner and a Bats Game. Donated by Middleton Reutlinger.
Item 34: $500 off Liposuction Treatment. Donated by Dr. Leigh Walsh.
Item 35: The Perfect Lamp. Donated by Eyedia.
Item 36: Luxury Spa Package. Donated by Emily Wang Zahn and Andrea Vetter.
Item 37: Cookie of the Month Club. Donated by Mary Jo Gleason.
Item 38: Actor’s Theater Tickets for Two. Donated by Actor’s Theatre of Louisville.
Item 39: Runner’s Basket. Donated by Fleet Feet and the Student Bar Foundation.
Item 40: Metro Arts Center ClassesDonated by The Metro Arts Center.
Item 41: Two Golf LessonsDonated by Golf Galaxy.
Item 42: A Necklace for Her
Donated by Elizabeth Haendiges.AND MUCH, MUCH MORE. . . . We will have raffles for baskets donated by each class and roses for $20 which come with a gift certificate to a local establishment (generously donated by Prof. Laura Rothstein). It is not too late to donate. Make your donation now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. THANKS!
To all students,
The Student Bar Foundation is the charitable giving arm of the Student Bar Association. This student run organization helps raise and distribute funds for student fellowships or travel stipends for law-related public service work.
We raise funds each year through the generous donations of faculty, staff, students and the legal community. Each spring, we host a charity auction which raises money through a silent and live auction for our annual grants.
Over the next few days your class representatives will be passing around donation envelopes for this year's auction on March 6. Any help towards our cause would be most appreciated! To learn more you can check out our brochures currently located in Emily Zahn's mail file. Thank you.
Join us for an important Student Bar Foundation Meeting. We will meet in Room 177 at 12 noon on Wednesday, February 27, 2008. Please bring your lunch.
We will review grant applications and assign our members work-times for this spring's Charity Auction.
New members welcome.
The Student Bar Foundation is pleased to announce our annual charity auction which will be held on March 6th, 2008 at the LBA on 600 W. Main Street in downtown Louisville. We hope you join us for this fun event which helps fund law student fellowships to complete public service legal work.
We are currently seeking donations. If you have something to donate, know someone who would like to give or have an idea or contact you would like us to pursue, we would love to hear from you. Please contact any SBF officer or email email@example.com with your donation information.
Learn more about The Student Bar Foundation, the auction, and our fellowships. Grant applications are available now.
If you are interested in joining us for soliciting donations from the Highlands, we will be meeting at the Heine Brothers in the Highlands (at Bardstown Road and Eastern Parkway) at 3:30-4:00 on Friday, February 8th to divide up the area. We will have brochures and donation envelopes ready for you!!
Thanks for your contributions and we look forward to seeing you at the auction!
The University of Louisville Student Bar Foundation grants fellowships and funding for public service legal work according to its mission. Grant applications are due February 15, 2008. Please return them to the mail file of Emily Zahn.
Please go to the SBF website to download the application. Forms are also available outside the SBF office door (basement level, just past 080 where the student organization offices are).
About the Student Bar Foundation:
The Student Bar Foundation is the charitable giving arm of the Student Bar Association. Its mission is to raise and distribute funds for student fellowships for law-related public service work with a focus on:
- Delivery of legal services to the poor and indigent;
- Law-related public education; and/or
- Improvement of the judiciary, the legal profession, and citizen access to the justice system.
The Student Bar Foundation is now accepting applications for our annual summer grants. See the Grant Application link on our website to learn how to apply. This is a great opportunity to gain legal experience while making a valuable contribution to the community. If you do not have a job for this summer you should check it out. Applications are due February 15th.
Join us for an important Student Bar Foundation Meeting. We will meet in Room 177 at 12 noon on January 23, 2008. Please bring your lunch, desserts will be provided.
We will discuss the grant application process and devise a solicitation plan for this spring's Charity Auction.
New members welcome.
The Student Bar Foundation raised $230 last week during its Fall Fundraiser. We thank Primo, the Seelbach, Dean Hall, Prof. Nowka and SBF officers for their generous donations to our door prizes. We also thank everyone who stopped by to make a donation and learn a little more about the SBF.
Our door prize winners are as follows:
Dinner for two at Primo: Scott Campbell
Brunch at the Seelbach: Colleen Clemons
First Year Study Aid Basket: Lauren Bean
Please contact Emily Zahn at firstname.lastname@example.org to redeem your prizes.
Our next SBF meeting will be on October 22nd at noon. All are welcome.