On October 7, 2009, as a part of the University of Louisville's homecoming celebrations, the Brandeis School of Law held its annual alumni banquet. The celebration, which was held at the Seelbach Hotel, provided alumni with an opportunity to reconnect with friends and faculty, and to honor some of their fellow alumni, who were being recognized this year.
Those recognized this year included:
- Alumni Fellow - Justice Lisabeth Hughes Abramson
- Lawrence Grauman Award - Robert L. Ackerson
- Distinguished Alumni/ae Award - Mary E. Barrazotto, Ronald E. Meisburg, Judge Geoffrey P. Morris, Kathleen Pellegrino, Shelton R. Weber
- Recent Alumnus/a Award - Demetrius "D" Holloway
- Dean's Service Award - Thomas M. Williams
- Excellence in Teaching Award - Kathleen S. Bean
We thank all our alumni who joined in the celebration and hope to see all of you next year.
| || |
More photos are available at Flickr.
The Louisville Law Dining Guide contains reviews of the law school community's favorite dining establishments in the city and sourrounding area. It's by no means exhaustive, but it is informative, especially for those of you that are new to town.
The Student Bar Association's favorites include: Third Avenue Café, J. Alexanders, Ramsi's Café On the World, Spinelli's Pizzeria, El Mundo and the Irish Rover. Dean Chen, Michael Ben-Avraham, Scott Campbell and Professors Knowles and Hilyerd each recommend the Santa Fe Grill.
See the dining guide for more reviews, details and directions.
Please see the attached document for registration days and times.
Pre-registration forms for ALL students must be returned to Student Records by 4:00 p.m., Thursday, October 29, 2009.
Registration materials will be available in Student Records on Tuesday, October 20, 2009.
Congratulations to Jim Becker! His entry, "Melinda Becker's Deer Chili", won for the second consecutive year. Following by just a 1/2 vote, was Becky Wimberg's award-winning southwest chili, aka "Becky's Kickin' Chicken Chili".
Thanks so much to all who purchased a meal! A grand total of $317, which will be split among the five charities of the UofL Cares campaign, was raised.
Other tasty entries included:
- Kathy Bean's "Cleveland Art Museum Tomato Basil Soup" and her husband's "Bombay Bob's Vegan Red Lentil Soup"
- Tom Blackburn's "Turkey Chili"
- Becky Wenning's "Homemade Beef Stew"
- Vickie & Leslie Tencers' homemade "Cream of Mushroom Soup"
- Kimberly Ballard's "Vegetarian Chili with Whole Wheat Pasta"
Many thanks to the following individuals who also contributed: Charlene Taylor, Janet Sullivan, Rita Siegwald, Debra Reh, Peggy Bratcher, Jina Scinta, Brandon Hamilton, Brenda Hill, Ariana Levinson, Grace Giesel, Barbara Thompson, Jodi Duce, Kathy Urbach, and Angela Beverly.
If you haven't already made a pledge, we hope you'll do so now. To make a pledge on-line or to print out a form to contribute by mail, visit UofL Cares.