Announcement for Graduating Law Students - March 31 is deadline to order Cap and Gown
Posted February 19th, 2013 by Kimberly K. Ballard
The deadline to order apparel for the Law School's graduation ceremony is March 31. Instructions are posted below, and are also available on the Law School's Graduation Information page. Check this item off of your to-do list now.
- If you are participating in the May 11, 2013 School of Law Convocation at the W.L. Lyons Brown Theatre, you must order your apparel by midnight, Sunday, March 31. (NOTE: All law students are also invited to participate in the UNIVERSITY-WIDE graduation ceremony at the KFC Yum! Center on the morning of May 11. You are not required to attend the University-wide ceremony. Historically, the majority of law students participate in the Law School's convocation ceremony only, and do not attend the University-wide ceremony.)
- All law students must place orders for apparel through Herff Jones at https://collegegrad.herffjones.com/.
- Style, colors, and trim are determined by the University of Louisville according to standards for academic apparel. Your tassel color (purple) and hood (purple) is determined by the degree you will be awarded (LAW).
- After submitting your order, you will receive a confirmation message with your order number. Your confirmation number is your proof of purchase, so please have the number available when picking up your apparel. The Red Barn distribution staff will have a complete list of orders.
- You must use a valid debit or credit card to place your order for apparel. J.D. Custom Rental (Tam, Gown, Tassel, and Hood) is $90.55, plus tax.
- Law students must pick up academic apparel (cap, gown, and tassel) at The Red Barn on one of the following days: Thursday, May 9, or Friday, May 10. Mark this on your calendar. Apparel will not be available for pick-up after 4:00 p.m. on May 10.