Feb. 4th Deadline to Apply for Paid Summer Public Interest Fellowships
The deadline for applying for the Public Service Fellowships for the Summer of 2014 is Tuesday, February 4. A list of the fellowships that will be awarded, the amount of each fellowship and a description of each agency is attached. A list of the fellowships is also located on the bulletin board outside of Room 180 and on the Document Library under the "Resources" tab on Symplicity. The list includes:
1. BarBri Fellowship (Department of Public Advocacy - amount TBD)
2. Edwin H. Perry Fellowship (Mediation Training at Just Solutions paid for over spring break)
3. Ellen Ewing Fellowship (Legal Aid Society Louisville - $3,500)
4. Leon P. Lewis Fellowship (Public Defender’s Office - $3000)
5. IOLTA Fellowship (Dept. of Public Advocacy, Legal Aid Society, Louisville Metro Public Defender’s Office, Appalachian Research and Defense Fund - 7 fellowships, each $3,500)
Applications are available on Symplicity. Students may apply for fellowships by logging onto Symplicity, completing an application and uploading the application, resume and personal statement on Symplicity under the OCI tab. Students are welcome to apply for as many fellowships as they wish; however, please note that a separate application must be completed for each fellowship.
Instructions on how to log onto Symplicity and apply for the fellowships are attached and can also be found on the Document Library on Symplicity. Please be sure to read the instructions and qualifications for each fellowship carefully and take note of the additional documents that need to be uploaded.
The Louisville Public Defender's Office, Department of Public Advocacy and Legal Aid Society will interview candidates for their offices beginning later this month on campus.
If you are not interested in these fellowships but hope to work in in a public interest job this summer, the OPD will soon be advertising three additional fellowships for students who secure an unpaid job somewhere in the U.S. and need funding. Please watch the Daily Docket for more information in the coming weeks.
|Fellowship Descriptions 2014.docx||17.37 KB|
|How to Apply for Fellowships Directions 2014.doc||35 KB|