Registration for fall 2010 classes reopens today (Thursday, 7.29.2010). You may now adjust your schedules, if that is necessary, or add the new course (Accounting and Finance for Lawyers). Several classes that were closed are now open in larger rooms and are accepting new students. A new section of Domestic Relations is accepting new students.
|15463||LAW||864||06||ACCT FOR LAWYERS |
Note: This section has been added.
|0 of 73||0 of 10||Blackburn, R||2.00||BELKNAP|
|8542||LAW||826||03||DOMESTIC RELATIONS |
Note: This section has been changed.
|40 of 40||0 of 10||TBA||3.00||BELKNAP|
|15287||LAW||826||04||DOMESTIC RELATIONS |
Note: This section has been added.
|32 of 61||0 of 10||Lewis, B||3.00||BELKNAP|
Summer 2010 Exams:
Estate and Gift Taxation - Professor Blackburn - Wednesday, June 30, 6:00 p.m. - Room 175
Basic Federal Income Tax - Professor Lewis - Thursday, July 1, 6:00 p.m. - Room 175 - (Writing Room - 060)
The MPRE, the required ethics portion of the bar exam, will be offered on August 6, 2010. The exam registration deadline is June 29, 2010. The fee is $63. The late deadline is July 15, with a fee of $123. Additional exam info and the online exam application can be found at the ncbex.org website.
Kaplan PMBR offers a comprehensive online course for the MPRE. Course features are listed below. It is free to August 2010 MPRE examinees (retail $199). Learn more about and register for the course at http://www.kaptest.com/Bar-Exam/Law-School-Success/Professional-Responsibility/MPRE-online-course.html?cid=707448 or by calling 800.523.0777.
MPRE Course Features:
- Free for August MPRE Examinees - $199 retail value.
- Online Course Flexibility – practice your questions or watch the lecture when you want, where you want.
- Full-length Practice Exam – experience the actual exam time constraints and test your knowledge.
- Two online workshops - question-by-question review of core concepts and how they are tested.
- Substantive Outline Book – hard copy or online version with the most recent revisions to the ABA's Model Rules of Professional Conduct (MRPC) and Code of Judicial Conduct (CJC).
- Online MPRE Qbank (quiz bank) - create customized tests, review detailed answers and analyze your strengths and weaknesses.
NOTE: The changes will not be reflected in the Registrar’s postings until later this week. You will not be able to add classes until the Registrar’s office updates its postings.
Two documents are posted to the Student Records, "Class Schedule" site:
1. A pdf copy of the entire registration packet, updated to 5/18/2010.
2. An Excel workbook showing changes made to the Class Schedule and the Exam Schedule. The changes are described at the top of each worksheet and the changes are highlighted in red in the body of the schedule. Both of the above attachments are also posted to the TWEN site created for discussion of the fall 2010 class schedule. You can download both schedules from the TWEN site.
We have added one new section of Criminal Procedure: Constitutional Issues which will be taught by Professor Abramson.
Several classes have been moved to larger rooms and their cap raised to accommodate wait lists and new students.
Four courses have been cancelled:a. Trademark (Cross)
b. Elder Law (Leibson and Faller)
c. Corporate Tax (Lewis)
d. Trial Practice (Schroering) – there is space available in Trial Practice (Bouldin).
Openings are available in many class.
Openings are available in externships including Immigration Law (Trucios-Haynes), Ky. Innocence Project (Jordan), Legal Aid (Jordan), Criminal Justice (Jordan), Tax (Blackburn), and Tech Transfer (Cross).