If you're graduating in May or August, and not otherwise enrolled for other Fall 2015 classes, your UofL e-mail account (CardMail) will remain active until October, according to University IT's information about opening and closing accounts.
However, if you would like to keep your UofL e-mail address forever, you may register for the University Alumni Association's E-mail for Life. This is not a true e-mail account, but a forwarding service: Messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org will be forwarded to the third-party e-mail account of your choosing, such as Gmail, Yahoo or any other personal or business e-mail account.
The IT Department received an advisory from Extegrity late afternoon, Tuesday, April 21 about Mac users experiencing a noticeable lag in typing when:
- The student has typed a substantial amount of text, and
- The document statistics window is turned on.
Turn the document statistics window on only to check your progress, then turn it off again. Remember, there is a dedicated button for this purpose just to the right of the typing space.
If you experience this issue, please report it to the IT staff so we may confirm the incidence rate and effectiveness of the solution to Extegrity. Good luck on your finals!
Exam4 for Spring 2015 final exams is now available to download and install.
- The deadline to submit an Exam4 practice test to qualify to use your computer on Spring 2015 final exams is 11:59 PM EDT, Wednesday, April 15, 2015.
- All previous versions of Exam4 have expired, will not run, will not work, and will not help you.
- Exam4 no longer supports 32-bit Mac, Snow Leopard. Mac users with 32-bit Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) will need to purchase a new laptop or rent or borrow one for laptop testing and finals if they intend to use Exam4. You may follow these instructions to determine if you have 32- or 64-bit Snow Leopard.
You must always:
- Download and install the current version of Exam4 for your computer's operating system. Supported operating systems are listed here.
- Take and submit a practice test (choose "S15 Practice Exam CLOSED" during start-up).
- For practice tests, identify yourself in the Exam Number field (twice) with your ULink user name (e.g., lhoswa01).
You must never:
- Ever, under any circumstances, identify yourself in Exam4 (or any other exam situation) using your UofL Student ID Number. This applies to practice tests, real exams—everything.
Within about an hour, you should receive a confirmation e-mail at your CardMail address. If you submit a practice test and do not receive the confirmation e-mail, then you have done something wrong and you must try again until you do.
Complete, detailed instructions for taking and submitting a practice test are here.
First your computer gets infected, then when you navigate to a banking site on your web browser you are directed away from it to a site notifying you that you have to call your bank. The number provided is not legitimate and at this point you need to not call that number and take your computer to a repair center to have the infection removed.
Please, also be reminded that if you receive a call from Microsoft informing you that your computer is having a problem, you are being scammed, especially if you have a Mac and don’t even have a Windows PC.
There is not a direct problem with Windows 8.0 and Exam 4 however Microsoft is now apparently pushing the update to 8.1. This push comes in the form of a popup taking over your screen prompting you to install the Windows 8.1 update. The maximum amount of time to delay this install is 4 hours, after that the window will come back again and again until you eventually cannot delay it further and the install will start. Both the nag window to update and the actual install can occur while you are in Exam4 taking an exam and that will cause Exam4 to lock up.
If you have Windows 8.0 and have been avoiding updating to 8.1 please go ahead and update at your earliest convenience so this does not happen during finals as it will lock up Exam4 and make your laptop unusable for taking exams.
Following your upgrade to Windows 8.1, be sure to download, install and test the Windows 8.1 version of Exam4.
Some users who have upgraded to Mac OS X 10, Yosemite, have experienced network and printing issues on campus. This may be related to performing an update instead of a clean install. If you have experienced these issues or are considering updating to Yosemite please follow the instructions here, for a clean install of Yosemite. Once you have performed a clean install you will need to bring your laptop to Law IT in order to have the printers reinstalled.
New operating systems often have issues, especially in an enterprise environment (business/university) as opposed to home usage. If you have moved to Yosemite please let me know at email@example.com, even if you have not experienced problems on campus, so that I may better help those who are having issues.
Please note that if you do update you will need to download the Yosemite specific version of Exam4 and are strongly encouraged to take another practice exam to ensure Exam4 will work properly during your finals.