Exam4 for Spring 2012 final exams is now available. Students wishing to use their computers for finals must complete and submit a practice test using the newest version of Exam4 (all previous versions have expired) no later than 11:59 PM EDT, Friday, April 13, 2012. To submit any Exam4 exam, practice or otherwise, you must be on campus and connected to ulsecure.
For more information, click here.
Congratulations to Michael Tyrikos, 1L, winner of the frisbee toss competition that was held at the Brandeis Brief on March 29! He won a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble Bookstore and a $15 gift card to Subway. Dean Jim Chen was his partner.
TODAY In-House Counsel Panel hosted by the newly formed Business Law Society - 11:30 a.m. in room 275Posted March 30th, 2012 by Debra K. Reh
The newly formed Business Law Society is holding it's inagural event TODAY, Monday, April 2nd, from 11:30 to 1:00pm in room 275. An impressive panel has been invited to discuss business law, the role of the corporate lawyer, what makes a business lawyer tick, what clients are looking for, how to get into this area of law, and so on.
• Matthew Hamel (Executive VP and General Counsel at Brown Forman)
• Raymond Burse (Vice President and General Counsel at GE)
• John Rippy (Senior VP at Republic Bank)
• Jeffry Gordon (General Counsel at Sun Tan City)
• (VP at Churchill Downs Incorporatated)
Lunch will be served, and prospective members will also receive information on becoming involved with the Business Law Society. The event's facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/events/107716289359925/
Do you like money? Do you want a chance to practice your oral advocacy skills? If you answered yes to both, then the First Year Oral Advocacy competition is for you! The competition will run from April 9th through April 13th, and you'll get the opportunity to argue in front of practicing attorneys and judges. Plus you can win CASH PRIZES! Preliminary rounds will be on brief, so no additional preparation is necessary.
The sign up sheet is posted on the Moot Court Board room door. Please sign up by Thursday, April 5th at 8:00 PM. Be sure to sign up!
It is the student's responsiblity to read all of the registration instructions.
- Please check your Summary of Account on ULink to make sure that you do not have any financial holds or parking tickets on your account. If you have these types of holds on your account, you will not be able to register for classes.
- Employment Certification. This form is only available in hard copy in the Office of Student Records, 217. Every student must complete a new Employment Certification Form before each semester's registration. Pursuant to ABA Standard 304, "[A] student may not engage in employment for more than 20 hours per week in any semester in which the student is enrolled in more than 12 class hours."
- Pre-Registration Permission Forms. The deadline to submit your Summer 2012 and/or Fall 2012 form(s) is 5:00 p.m., Monday, April 9. Pre-Registration Permission Forms are available outside 217. A Pre-Registration Permission Form must be completed by:
- students wanting to take non-law school classes;
- dual degree students;
- full-time students wanting to register for more than 16 hours, and part-time students wanting to register for more than 12 hours;
- students wanting to register for an Independent Study; and
- students requesting to change divisions.
All registration forms are available outside office 217 and can also be accessed online at http://www.law.louisville.edu/academics/registration-forms.
Please contact Dean Ballard if you would like to schedule an appointment for academic advising or registration advising. Office 212, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 852-8956.
If you have questions concerning registration or forms, please contact Barbara Thompson. Office 217, email@example.com, or 852-6367.
Join now for the special law student rate of just $25 a year at www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or $60 for three years at www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 to:
- Watch your resume rise to the top of the stack through internships, fellowships, clerkships, public service volunteer opportunities and competitions.
- Discover your passion through free and affordable special interest groups with webinars and networking events.
- Get help through school and beyond with the Student Lawyer magazine, the ABA Journal, discounts on study aides and bar review courses and valuable health insurance.
Join the nearly 40,000 law students who are leveraging their ABA memberships to prepare for successful careers. Enroll today by visiting www.ambar.org/JoinFor1 or www.ambar.org/JoinFor3 or call 800-285-2221 and mention code RMM12ELSA.
Bishop & Associates, a local east-end firm, is seeking a May 2012 graduate who will be sitting for the KY Bar Exam in July.
To apply and for additional details, go to Symplicity. Deadline is April 6th.