Exam4 for fall semester finals is now available to all students. The deadline for submitting a mandatory practice test, if you wish to use your computer for exams this semester, is 11:59 PM, Friday, November 19, 2010. You must identify yourself with your UofL User Name (e.g., EAPRES01) on the practice test for it to be valid.
Students who used Exam4 for the Professional Responsibility exam Friday, November 5, are all set and do NOT have to submit a second practice test. First-year students must download, install and submit a practice test using the new version of Exam4 now available. The version 1Ls used for the Legal Research final and/or the Torts I mid-term has expired and will not run anymore.
View the links below for all the information you need.
This week’s tips focus on how you can use your time efficiently and effectively for studying during the Thanksgiving holiday.
Create a task list for each exam course or paper/project. Determine which tasks are your priorities to complete over your break period. Weigh the following factors:
- Are there projects/papers/presentations that will be due before the end of the semester?
- Are your outlines up-to-date for all of your exam courses?
- Are certain courses extremely difficult for you and need additional review time?
- Are you aware that you are behind in certain courses or portions of courses?
- Do you need to make tables, flowcharts, or other graphics if you are a visual learner?
- Are there certain supplemental materials that you want to read and study to clarify certain topics?
- Have you had a chance to do practice questions for your exam courses?
- Do you need to spend more time on memorization of the law?
- Will you be meeting with a study group during the break period?
Grant Helman, Chair of the Character and Fitness Committee, Kentucky Board of Bar Examiners, and Bonnie Kittinger, Director and General Counsel for the Kentucky Office of Bar Admissions, will present a program on candor and related bar issues today, Tuesday, Nov. 9, at 1:00 p.m., in Room 275.
Students graduating in December 2010, May 2011, or August 2011 are required to attend this program. They may also attend on Wednesday, Nov. 10, 7:25 p.m., when a recorded version will be shown; an RSVP is required for the Nov. 10 showing.
Questions? Contact Dean Bean.
The cost for students to register is $12. Lunch is available for an additional $7, but you must pre-register. The flier with more detailed information is attached!