Need help planning your schedule of classes for the summer or fall? Have questions about graduation requirements? Sign up for an advising appointment with Dean Bean or Ms. Ballard on March 28 (between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.), March 29 (between 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.), or March 30 (between 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.). Sign-up sheets are posted outside offices 212 and 216.
Join us today, Wednesday, March 23 at 12:10 in room 071 for Jimmy John's sandwiches. Local attorney, Maryland Austin, will speak. Everyone is welcome.
The deadline to order graduation apparel is midnight, Thursday, March 31, 2011. Complete apparel order information is available at www.louisville.edu/commencement. Select caps and gowns from the left menu. Please do not order announcements from the University's web sit.
Please check Graduation 2011 Information on the School of Law's web site for other graduation information and completed the School of Law Convocation Participation form by Monday, April 4. If you have questions, please contact Rita Siegwald or Barbara Thompson.
McKenzie Cantrell initiated the idea and did much of the work, including a full day on a Saturday.
The funds will provide three scholarships for Central Law and Government Magnet students to attend the Summer Law Institute (a joint week-long program sponsored by the Brandeis School of Law, Bellarmine University, and the Louisville Bar Association). It will also support some of the costs for the team of four magnet seniors and two coaches to participate in the third annual Marshall Brennan Civil Liberties Moot Court competition in Philadelphia in early April.
Thanks to the following for their support of this successful fundraiser:
- Dean Chen, who gave permission for the project
- Professor Nicholson, for her generous donation
- Sheldon Haden, Annette Mattingly, and Angela Buckler (WLA members), for their generous contributions
- Becky Wenning and Marilyn Peters in the Law Resource Center for collecting money and sign ups, ordering the supplies, and loaning the Resource Center’s binding machine
- Vickie Tencer, for facilitating the arrangements
- Wendy Helterbran, for facilitating the WLA contributions
- The 1L class, for participating in the fundraiser and having your briefs bound for a worthy cause
- Cyndi Hagenbuch, for loaning a binding machine
- John Friend and Brandi Melvin, for donating their time during the fundraiser
- And primarily again to McKenzie Cantrell, who is a 2L participating in the Street Law program.
March 31: Mandatory 1L Advising session, Room 275, at noon. All current first-year students must attend. This program will give the current first-year students, full- and part-time, all necessary registration information.
Revised course schedules for Summer 2011, Fall 2011, and Spring 2012 are now available through the links below and on the Class Schedules page of the Law School website (in the Academics category). In addition, there is a list of 19 changes from the 2/9/11 version of the course schedules to the 3/22/11 version of the course schedules, some of which may affect your curricular planning. PLEASE LOOK AT THE LIST OF CHANGES. It can be accessed through the link below or on the Class Schedules website page. If you have any questions about the 2011-12 course schedules, please contact Dean Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org.