TODAY!! Get Hired! Does Diversity Matter?
Date: TODAY, October 10, from 12:00 - 12:50 p.m.
Room: Cox Lounge
Come hear panelists from a variety of legal settings explore different issues diverse students will face in the hiring process and provide advice. Topics will include: when/how students should highlight their diversity, how students should deal with difficult/inappropriate questions in an interview, how bar associations can help students network, whether students should mention they are married and/or have children during the hiring process, the value of diversity career fairs and diversity committees in the hiring process, and how students can investigate and look for signs to show whether a firm or agency is committed to diversity. All students, staff and faculty are welcome to attend. Lunch (Mexican food) will be served.
Panelists will include:
• Lonita Gaines, Attorney with the Jefferson County Attorney's Office, Vice President of the Louisville Black Lawyers Association
• Bert Greenwell, Corporate and Real Estate Attorney with Weber & Rose, Member of the UofL LGBT Alumni Council
• Deborah Jandt, Vice President for Talent Acquisition, Marsh & McLennan (Parent Company to Mercer, Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Oliver Wyman, Lippincott and NERA Economic Consulting)
• Ellie Kerstetter, Solo Practitioner, President of the UofL Law Alumni Council, Chair of the Louisville Bar Association Diversity Committee
• Rawleigh Richardson, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, Director of Community & College Relations for the Louisville Society for Human Resource Management
Asian Pacific American Law Students Association
Black Law Students Association
Lambda Law Caucus
Multicultural Law Student Association
Parents Attending Law School
UofL LGBT Alumni Council
UofL LGBT Center
Women's Law Caucus
Office of Professional Development