Spring Bar Publications
Here's a review of recent law school related news from the Louisville and Kentucky Bar Associations.
In the June 2014 issue of the Louisville Bar Association's Bar Briefs, Dean Susan Duncan reports on how the "Law School's Strategic Plan Benefits from Legal Community Input" and outlines its mission on page 6.
Highlights from the LBA's May 2014 Bar Briefs include:
- "Professor Ed Render's Legacy Lives on at the UofL School of Law" by Dean Duncan and Professor Jones (page 6)
- "Labor & Employment Moot Court Team Enjoys Unprecedented Success" (page 6)
- "OSHA & Workers' Compensation: Beware Conflating the Two" co-authored by Leah Rupp Smith, '13 (page 18)
More highlights from the LBA's April 2014 Bar Briefs include:
- Dean Duncan's "Spotlight on UofL School of Law's Environmental Law Education" (page 6)
- "Getting to the Know the Professor: Q&A with Professor Tom "Fitz" FitzGerald" (page 6)
- Props for the law school's adjunct professors (page 6)
- "No Money, Mo' Problems: Researching Federal and State Budgets"
Highlights from the Kentucky Bar Association's May 2014 Bench & Bar include:
- "UofL Alumni Serve as Role Models for Future Lawyers in 'Kentucky's' Global Economy" (page 20)
- "Transactional Lawmeet Team Wins the Regional Competition" (page 20)
- "On the Move" (page 70)
In the March 2014 issue of the KBA's Bench & Bar, Dean Duncan writes about "The Importance of Municipal Law Society" and touts the faculty's service and leadership in several local civic organizations (page 22). Assistant Professor of Justice Administration, Michael Losavio, reviews "A Basics Handbook on Adobe Acrobat: Adobe Acrobat in One Hour for Lawyers" on page 25. The bi-monthly "On the Move" column beginning on page 54 features news about many of our law school's graduates. Lastly, Ed Render is remembered on page 64.
Both publications are available in the law library.