Picking a Student Note Topic
Due to an illness, I was unable to offer a presentation on Finding a Student Note Topic at the University of Louisville Law Review orientation. I apologize for this. I regret it myself; I always enjoying doing it and meeting the new members. In order to substitute for the program in small measure, I have attached the following documents below. In addtion, I hope to be able to add a video version of the presentation if I can work out the technical details.
- Picking a topic 2014.pdf (Handout version of Powerpoint presentation)
- Picking a note topic 2014 TEXT (A text-based outline of the materials in the presentation; some addition explanation and web-links added)
- Handout BNA Topical Newsletters.pdf (This document lists the Bloomberg BNA topical newsletters available in print, on BNA.com, and on Bloomberg Law)
- Handout Requesting a Bloomberglaw Law School Account.pdf (This document tells you how to request a Bloomberg Law student account. Once you do so you will be able to access BNA Topical Newsletters off-campus. Look for training on Bloomberg Law in the fall semester).
- Handout Writing the Note 2014 (The document refers you to good examples of ULLR student notes and outlines on to show its organization).
- Video lecture (This video is a shared Tegrity presentation. I apologize for the sound; the microphone is designed for class discussion).
While I'm not available much in June, in July I'll be back full time (8-5 M-Th). Please call (852-6082) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions on picking or researching your topic.
|Picking a topic 2014.pdf||759.95 KB|
|PICKING a note topic 2014 TEXT.docx||21.38 KB|
|Handout Requesting a Bloomberglaw Law School Account.pdf||236.54 KB|
|Handout BNA Topical Newsletters.pdf||65.58 KB|
|Handout Writing the Note 2014.pdf||34.84 KB|