Chili Cook-off is a Success!
Congratulations to Jim Becker! His entry, "Melinda Becker's Deer Chili", won for the second consecutive year. Following by just a 1/2 vote, was Becky Wimberg's award-winning southwest chili, aka "Becky's Kickin' Chicken Chili".
Thanks so much to all who purchased a meal! A grand total of $317, which will be split among the five charities of the UofL Cares campaign, was raised.
Other tasty entries included:
- Kathy Bean's "Cleveland Art Museum Tomato Basil Soup" and her husband's "Bombay Bob's Vegan Red Lentil Soup"
- Tom Blackburn's "Turkey Chili"
- Becky Wenning's "Homemade Beef Stew"
- Vickie & Leslie Tencers' homemade "Cream of Mushroom Soup"
- Kimberly Ballard's "Vegetarian Chili with Whole Wheat Pasta"
Many thanks to the following individuals who also contributed: Charlene Taylor, Janet Sullivan, Rita Siegwald, Debra Reh, Peggy Bratcher, Jina Scinta, Brandon Hamilton, Brenda Hill, Ariana Levinson, Grace Giesel, Barbara Thompson, Jodi Duce, Kathy Urbach, and Angela Beverly.
If you haven't already made a pledge, we hope you'll do so now. To make a pledge on-line or to print out a form to contribute by mail, visit UofL Cares.