Phelps Wins Pirtle-Washer Oral Advocacy Competition
Congratulations to Courtney Phelps, winner of the 2010 Pirtle-Washer Oral Advocacy Competition! He and Marilyn Osborn Patterson advanced from the semifinal rounds to compete in the final.
Ben Basil, VP for Internal Affairs of the Moot Court Board, organized the competition; Aaron Dyke and Jared Sawyer were bailiffs; and Karen Jordan served as the faculty advisor.
The pairings for the Semi-Finals were as follows:
- Whitney True, Appellant v. Courtney Phelps, Appellee
- Thomas Stevens, Appellant v. Marilyn Osborn, Appellee
- Judge Denise Clayton, Kentucky Court of Appeals
- Judge Thomas B. Wine, Kentucky Court of Appeals
- Judge Angela McCormick Bisig, Jefferson District Court
- Judge Katie King, Jefferson District Court
- Justice Lisabeth Hughes Abramson, Kentucky Supreme Court
- Magistrate Judge James D. Moyer, United States District Court
- Chief Circuit Judge Charles R. HIckman, Kentucky Circuit Court
- Judge Ann Bailey Smith, Jefferson District Court
|2010 Pirtle-Washer Program||38.59 KB|