Academic Success Tip - Use Study Groups Judiciously
Posted November 21st, 2011 by Kimberly K. Ballard
Use study groups judiciously as you prepare for finals.
- Do not skimp on your personal review time by joining too many group activities.
- Schedule group time when you have reviewed the material enough to gain the most from discussions.
- Alternate who explains concepts or answers questions so everyone has to “work” and get practice.
- Have individual practice question time as well – your group cannot help you during the exam.
- If study group sessions become too frustrating, consider gracefully bowing out to study by yourself or with just one other person.