Government Issues & Access to Information
Sponsored by: Special Libraries Association Kentucky Chapter
Registration Cost: SLA-KY Members: $10, Non-Members: $20, Students: $5
The Special Libraries Association's Kentucky Chapter will conduct its August business meeting and program at the law school on Friday, August 3. The theme for this program is "Government Issues & Access to Information".
Contact Virginia Mattingly for more information.
Register by 5PM Friday, July 27.
Tentative Schedule of events:
- 1:00-2:30: Business Meeting & Brown Bag Luncheon (Law School, room TBA)
- 2:30-3:00: Tour with Scott Campbell (Law Library)
- 3:00-5:00: Presentations (Room 175)
- Jim Becker will talk about iPads for legal professionals.
- Dwayne Buttler will present "Fair Use, Best Practices, and Copyright Realities".
- Will Hilyerd will talk about legal research.
- Kurt Metzmeier will present “Free Accessible Government Information, Killed by a Thousand Budget Cuts?”
- Lars Smith will speak about PIPA and SOPA.