University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law Students or Graduates
Reciprocity allows University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law students or graduates to obtain access to Career Services Offices of other law schools throughout the country. Before you request reciprocity, it is your responsibility to research the reciprocity policies of law schools from which you want to obtain reciprocity. Reciprocity policies for most law schools can be found at: http://www.nalp.org/reciprocitypolicies?s=reciprocity%20policies
If the law school's reciprocity policy is not listed, visit the law school Web site and search under "Career Services." When requesting reciprocity, please list your first three choices of law schools from which you want to obtain reciprocity.
Non UofL Brandeis School of Law Students or Graduates
The Brandeis School of Law will grant reciprocity to students and graduates of other law schools provided that the law school requesting reciprocity allow similar reciprocity privileges to Brandeis School of Law students and graduates.
• Reciprocity will be granted for a period of 90 days and you must come to the UofL campus to view our job postings. Occasionally, we grant access to reciprocity recipients to our Symplicity job database but ONLY if the law school requesting reciprocity on behalf of their student/graduate offers the same to UofL students/graduates.
• A letter requesting reciprocity from a member of the Career Services Office from your law school is required in addition to a copy of its reciprocity policy. Letters should be emailed to Debra Reh at: email@example.com Please include the date of graduation for alumni or the anticipated date of graduation for a student. Requests should be addressed to:
Ms. Debra Reh
Career Services Coordinator
University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law
2219 S. 3rd Street
Louisville, KY 40292
• Requests will be processed within two weeks of receipt. The requesting law school will receive notification by email.
• Reciprocal privileges are non-transferrable and intended for the specific individual to whom reciprocity has been granted.
If you are granted access to our Symplicity system, the following restrictions will apply to your Symplicity account:
1) You are not allowed to upload documents on Symplicity, if employer has requested applicants to submit documents by uploading them on Symplicity.
2) You must identify yourself as a reciprocity student/graduate and that you have obtained reciprocity from the Brandeis School of Law at the University of Louisville.
3) If the Office of Professional Development is collecting resumes, cover letters, writing samples, etc., you are not eligible to apply.
• Reciprocity services do not include individual counseling, resume/cover letter review or eligibility to participate in on campus interviews or job fairs.
• Reciprocity will not be available between August 1st and November 1st.
The Assistant Dean for Professional Development and the Career Services Coordinator have the discretion to deny services to individuals who misuse their privileges or who surpass a reasonable number of requests.